ExoticGringo brings you THE ultimate, exhaustive list of things to do differently in Goa.
Browse at leisure here, feel free to share your own ideas in the Comments below!
1. Catch live bands performing at local cafes and bars
2. Enjoy a Dolphin spotting boat ride at Palolem beach
3. Try some Water Sports at Baga / Colva / Palolem beach
4. Pack a picnic and spend the day at Chapora Fort / Vagator hilltop
5. Master T’ai Chi or take a yoga class in Arambol / Ashvem / Agonda
6. Karaoke the sunset away, at shacks on Baga beach
7. Try your luck at a Casino on board a ship / around Baga
8. Go paragliding at Anjuna or Arambol
9. Get that tattoo you’ve always wanted. Henna tattoo for the safe playing
10. Walk stray dogs as a volunteer with International Animal Rescue
11. Watch Olive Ridley turtles hatch at Morjim / Galgibaga beach (Dec-Feb)
12. Visit the Flea Market – Wed. at Anjuna / Sat. Nite at Arpora
13. Pose by the Shiva rock carving at Vagator beach
14. Get a relaxing massage / spa treatment
15. Attend the Carnival in Feb / Shigmo + Holi in March / Chikal Kalo / Sao Joao festivals
16. Shop for cashew nuts, feni and bebinca at Mapusa or Panaji
17. Learn to surf / paddleboard in Ashvem
18. Experiment! – Get your hair braided or get dread locks
19. Watch a spectacular sunset at Palolem beach
20. Get a dental or skin makeover clinics around Baga and Calangute
21. Take Scuba Diving lessons in Dona Paula / Baga
22. Go fishing!
23. Go Rock climbing and trekking around Aguada, Chapora & Arambol
24. Visit the Spice Plantation Village and try a local meal
25. Bathe in a grand waterfall at Dudh Sagar
26. NEW! Go up in a hot air balloon and soak in aerial views of Goa
27. Explore all the forts in Goa – they offer some of the most spectacular views!
28. Rent a Kayak or Sailboat at the serene Palolem beach
29. Learn to Juggle at Mandrem beach (InJuCo happens in Feb every year)
30. Take a cruise by the Mandovi / Chapora river.
31. Visit the old churches and museums at Velha Goa – the route is very scenic!
32. Contribute to Urban Graffiti around Goa
33. Go Bird Watching (the actual birds, not hot bods!) at Cotigao and Bondla sanctuary
34. Rent a motorbike or a bicycle and go beach combing
35. Participate in a Geo caching / Pokemon event or a Photowalk
36. Walk the picturesque coastline from Agonda to Talpona
37. Catch a movie with your meal at shacks at Anjuna / Vagator /Baga / Palolem
38. Go on the adventurous Backwater Crocodile Dundee trip
39. Sun bathe while reading a book at Arambol, Baga, Agonda and Mandrem beach
40. Go Beer, Whiskey or Wine trailing
41. Mingle with the ad fraternity at GoaFest or film folks at IFFI
42. Swim in a sweet water lake overlooking Dolphin Beach at Arambol
43. Dance to Bollywod tunes at clubs along the Baga beach stretch
44. Beach hop using the sea route…
45. Go star gazing atop Chapora Fort or just lying down at the beach
46. Comb the art circuit in and around Panjim / Porvorim
47. Wake up early for a beach stroll and pick up the fresh catch of local fishermen
48. Stay in a natural hut on the beach at Arambol/Mandrem/Palolem/Agonda
49. Try the bebinca, sorpotel, goan sausages, balchao and xacuti!
50. Relax. Do NOTHING … Welcome to Goa!
Missed something terrific? Drop in your thoughts here, anytime!