It’s no secret that one of my top reasons to travel is my love for good food!
On my first trip to the US, all i knew about American food was pizza, hamburgers and Diet Coke.
So it was surely a pleasant surprise for me to discover a plethora of delicious foods during my travels. Here are my top picks.
1. Tin Shed, Portland [sfoursquare uid=999030 vid=4116be80f964a520040c1fe3]
2. Boudin SF [sfoursquare uid=99030 vid=4ba7f1b9f964a520b8c039e3]
3. Benihana, Cupertino, SF [sfoursquare uid=99030 vid=4a8caeb8f964a520de0e20e3] Excellent teppanyaki and a wholesome experience for groups and families.
4 & 5. Tonopah Station, Tonopah [sfoursquare uid=99030 vid=4c55ed6c72cf0f472ae408d7] Perhaps THE most authentic American countryside cuisine.
Biscuits and Gravy.
Best. Omelette. Ever.
6. Avocado Salad, Denny’s, Williams, AZ [sfoursquare uid=99030 vid=4c23ac21f1272d7fe1ce81c5]
7. Arepas Con Queso, King Patacon, New York [sfoursquare uid=999030 vid=4cfa9d72084f5481ec487c09]
Leading an experimental life as a digital nomad, I started traveling in 2007 while choosing to shuttle between Goa and Mumbai as 'home'. An epic life-changing trip to South America an year later gave birth to this blog, Exotic Gringo.