Mumbai, put on your orange glasses and welcome Holland!
The First edition of Holland Meets Mumbai is happening from 1-7 June, 2015!
An initiative to showcase what the Netherlands has to offer, it will display the Dutch experience across various themes:
art, innovation, food, sports, music, films, etc.
Holland meets Mumbai will see the presence of the Dutch Prime Minister, Mark Rutte along with his trade delegation
Here’s a list of events which will be hosted as a part of ‘Holland meets Mumbai’:
- Art exhibition: ‘The Black Tulip’ art exhibition by Lita Cabellut will held from 6th June-20th June at CSMVS (Formerly Prince of Wales Museum).
- Food festival @ Foodhall, Lower Parel from 1st June-7th June.
This will showcase Dutch food.
- Music: Dutch singer Jelle B has been invited, as well as a group of musicians Kleintje Pils.
Besides these two musicians, Spud in the Box are also expected.
- Sports – Opening of the first Cruyff court in India at Parel on 6th June.
This is a football turf that will be inaugurated for public use.
It will be opened by Mrs. Lilianne Ploumen, Minister for Foreign Trade & Development Co-operation.
- Sports – Hockey: Free hockey masterclasses & clinics will be conducted from 5th June-7th June by former Dutch hockey champions like Floris Jan Bovelander, Bas Campbell, Robert Tigges, Wouter Jolie, etc. A friendly hockey match will be hosted between former Dutch & Indian hockey players. A Hockey Youth Cup will be hosted on 7th June.
- Film screening: Free entry on first come first serve basis at Little Theatre, NCPA on 6th June from 4pm onwards.
Movies screened will be Mister Twister: Class of fun, Soof & Uncle Hank.
- Street Art: A collaboration between Amsterdam Street Art and St-Art India foundation.
Artists Jarno Gnirrep, Lars Brehm, Tyler and Jas, will be working on two murals in a public space as well as at the Holland Village.
- Holland Village: At the Holland Village, a model windmill will be showcased. Dutch houses (these will host a live demo of clogs, education & typical Dutch cuisine of poffertjes & stroopwafels), Dutch brands and their innovative products will be exhibited.
Also: A special zone to highlight e-mobility that will showcase Dutch charging technology and an Indian electric car.
For More details about “Holland Meets Mumbai” check out the official Facebook Event.