Hallo! Oi! Hola! Hej!
As a traveler, i’m a big fan of immersing into local cultures – and languages are an integral part of helping in enabling that.
Remember, knowing the local language and immersing in cultures is not a must, but it WILL enhance your experience + help you make great friends everywhere…
especially if you’re traveling to Europe / Central or South America soon.
Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Spanish for tourism – Instituto Hispania
- German courses – Goethe-Institut
- French courses – Alliance Francaise
- The EDL Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/13428601547/
- Lingvo.info – a new multilingual website about languages: http://lingvo.info/en
- European Day of Languages – The official website.
- #coeEDL – Track this hashtag for info around the EDL.
- Language Learning Apps: Mango Languages / Beelinguapp / Duolingo (i’ve personally used and love them all)
- Attend the Duolingo Mumbai Portuguese meetup on 29th September for a fun time learning Portuguese with fellow language aficionados.
Listen to my ‘Language Hacking’ podcast for some of my own tips for language learning using the Devnagari script.
You’ll find some fun games, learning resources, events and activities lined up to celebrate this culturally rich celebration worldwide!
If you want to practice Portuguese / Spanish / French / German with me, ping me on Skype: ‘kaushal‘
Post Updated on 26th Sep. 2019. First published on 26th Sep. 2014.
Still here, and want to learn some more languages? Here are some of my favorite language learning lessons on YouTube….